Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Featured Author: Laurence St. John

Today's Featured Author is Laurence St. John, whose MG fantasy novel METATRON: The Angel Has Risen, will be released in the spring of 2012. Take it away, Laurence...

What inspired me to write my novel?

In 2006, my place of employment was being sold for the second time forcing me to reapply for my same job, again. No one knows the feeling of disappointment, of feeling betrayed and taken advantage of more than me. I had no idea how I would take care of my family, no idea how I could hold my head up high if I had to begin looking for other employment.

Fortunately, things took a turn for the better; I retained my position. And, in the same year my first granddaughter was born which was one of the most uplifting moments of my life. She became my little inspiration. Holding her in my arms sparked a fire in my soul and tears of joy. I wanted to do something extraordinary that would make her proud of me. So, I was determined to write my penned-up thoughts on paper. Since then, I continued to write at night, on weekends, on holiday’s and any spare time.

Finally, three and a half years later I had written my first Middle Grade novel, METATRON: The Angel Has Risen which will be published by Imajin Books in early 2012.

What's this novel about:

Twelve-year-old Tyler Thompson has a secret: he still feels responsible for his father’s death from an auto accident six years ago.

Then, in a quick turn of events, Tyler is bestowed with something he doesn’t fully understand: the eternal and invincible powers of the angel Metatron. He now must make a choice that will change the world...one way or another.

Laurence St. John has an Associates degree in Computer Science and is also a first degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do. He currently lives in Northwood Ohio with his wife of 21 years, Julie. His son Joe is married to Cari with two daughters, Kendall and Sadie. His daughter Janelle is married to Andrew with one son, Elijah. Follow Laurence on FacebookTwitter and his Blog along with updates on his publisher’s web site at Imajin Books.

6 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you. Cannot wait to read it.
    Love,
    Kathy K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read it!

    Dawn Viggiano

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy for you. Your book sounds like it will really appeal to young readers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so proud of you Dad! I can't wait to get ahold of some copies for my classroom library!
    Love, Jan

    ReplyDelete